Studio Prints collections are a contemporary take on traditional studio pottery, the Kintsugi design is a modern interpretation of the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery. The intricate crackled design features a subtle, reactive texture that makes each piece unique. The design is decorated underglaze, creating a protective layer for added durability.
The Kintsugi design is available in Agate Grey, Pearl Grey and a new color, Coral, a subtle and reactive color tone that enhances the delicate pattern and blends effortlessly with the existing Churchill portfolio. Studio Prints collections are designed to mix and match, enabling different tabletop looks that complement any meal or restaurant setting. As the casual dining industry evolves and innovates the tableware used becomes more creative, color and shape combine to elevate simple but perfectly.
New for Autumn 2022 is Kintsugi Accents, a contemporary take on the all over crackled design. Available in Quartz Black, a bold and striking tone that is perfect for mixing with other designs in the Churchill portfolio.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- BS4034, BRITISH STANDARD EUROPEAN APPROVED VITRIFIED HOTELWARE – They test the vitrification of their products everyday, both in the kilns during firing and in their laboratory when the manufacturing process is complete.
- BS12875 p5, BRITISH STANDARD MECHANICAL DISHWASHER RESISTANCE – They test dishwasher durability to British Hospitality Standard BS 12875. In service testing has demonstrated that under hospitality use, this is the equal to 5000 dishwasher cycles.
- FULLY GLAZED BASE – Although glazing the feet of their ceramics adds complexity it increases functional benefits to the customer. Foot glazing requires ‘pin firing’. This prevents scratching to tables and plates when stacked.
- STACKABLE – The technology used to form their products ensures consistency in size and weight allowing pieces to be stacked back of house using less space and reducing breakages.
- SUPERIOR GLAZE FINISH – Their glaze is hard wearing and designed specifically for the hospitality environment. Sprayed glaze creates a smoother and more consistent finish.
- DURABLE & VITRIFIED – Breakages in ceramics are generally related to porosity or how much water a piece can absorb. Water absorption weakens the chemical structure affecting its durability over time. Through the process of vitrification, the particle structure of their ceramic body becomes strong, dense and watertight.
- ECO GLAZE – Their glazing system is carefully formulated to allow oversprayed glaze to be collected, go through a lengthy cleaning process and then be reused, minimising our impact on the environment.
- 5 YEAR EDGE CHIP WARRANTY – Certain lines are covered by their 5 Year Edge Chip Warranty. Those products covered by this warranty are annotated accordingly on their individual page.
- MICROWAVE SAFE & DISHWASHER SAFE